Thursday, December 17, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree...How Lovely Are Thy Branches

I thought I would let you guys into the memories of my Christmas tree and its ornaments. I do not have a ton, but I love all the ones I have.
Each year, Wyeth, Andrew's mom, always get me a Radco ornament. Andrew's grandmother, I believe started the tradition, and Wyeth is carrying it on. I usually get Santa ones. I have one snowman one and one that looks like Reggie, my dog. The one above I think is my favorite. No particular reason, I just really like it. The one below is my new one year. Andrew actually helped me pick it out this year. Thanks Wyeth!

This is the infamous "onion" ornament. I received it at an ornament swap in high school, and I love it. However, when I brought it home my mom was not nearly excited as me. All she saw was an onion, and needless to say she was more than happy to let me have it when I got married.

The star on top I got at Target. That is the best place to go to get Christmas stuff on sale! Becca and I usually go after Christmas, and it is great. Unfortunately the wrapping paper I usually buy Andrew ends up wrapping birthday gifts with. There is not much left by Christmas time.
This is by far my most favorite ornament! My mom got this for me as a surprise, and I absolutely love it. I always put it right on the front of my tree so everyone can see!
I have yet to buy a tree skirt for our Christmas tree, so I like to have tons of presents wrapped under the tree. It helps cover up the cheap tree stand. And I love for everything to be organized nice and neatly. Andrew has trouble understanding that sometimes.
I hope everyone enjoys there Christmas tree as much as I enjoy ours. I leave the Christmas lights on all the time. I also love just picking it out with Andrew! Sitting by the fire and the great smells of the tree make for a memorable Christmas every year!

No comments:

Post a Comment